The Sunday Nation by McDang
September 24, 2000
You're really got to make th culinary most of Bangkok's woderful Chinatown. McDang visits just one restaurant and finds plenty to keep him happy."
In Lim Kwong meng restaurant menu, McDang's recommendation are ;
- Chinese Raw Fish (Hua Sae ฮื่อแซ), only fresh fish is used, adn according to my charming - and sharper than ever
- The Gelantine of Lamb and Ham in aspic. I would guess that this creation caome to China along with traders from the West.
- The Pickled Squid sauteed with celery, The crunchiness of the celery meshes well with the slightly chewy squid,
- Roast Suckling Pig, the Chef know exactly how to choose the beast and cook it. The Skin is crispy and there is very little fat attached to it.
- The Braised Goose Legs in Hot Pot, Another must at this restaurant. The left over sauce is mixed with egg noodle.
"For those of you who truly enjoy Chinese cuisine, the should prove a real find. Check it out next time you're in the Samyan area."
McDang, a Thai food expert, chef, and writer